Saturday, 14 April 2012

In my mailbox #50

In my mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren


I bought Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James, I already have it on my kindle but I just had to buy the paperback. It was essential. You can check out my review here. I also bought King of Darkness by Elisabeth Staab after reading some reviews during the week. I haven't read anything by her before so I'm hoping it's going to be good. I absolutely love when I find a new author I like. I received Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley for review. I read it (and loved it) when it was on Net galley a couple of months ago, you can check out my review here, so I'm going to get my friend to review it for me, I hope she loves it as much as I did.

I bought a few kindle books this week. Since reading the Fifty Shades trilogy I've been looking for a similarly hot new book or series to obsess over.
From Thursday I'm going to be reviewing some "What to read after Fifty" books, I've found some really good ones and some really really crap ones, as well as one that made me cringe and laugh more than anything else. More about Wolf tales later. 


I bought Bared to You by Sylvia Day, More than Meets the Ink by Elle Aycart and Wicked Game by Mercy Celeste. All were steamy hot and wonderful.

 

This is what was on le blog last week:

Review of Royal Street (which I loved)
Review of The Iron Duke (which I also loved)
My book boyfriend #43 was The Iron Duke (le sigh)
Review of Bear Meets Girl (which I wasn't too keen on)
Review of Pretty Crooked (which was pretty bad)

The winner of my Easter giveaway hop was Cherry Mischivous
Cherry won a copy of Immortal City by Scott Speer.

Have a great week everybody!

23 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot about 50 Shades of Grey and I really want to read it. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week. Here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-30.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved Graffiti Moon too! Enjoy all your books! :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked out your IMM sara and I'm now green with envy. Green I tell you!

      Delete
  3. I'm on two minds about Fifty Shades...loads of bloggers I trust rave about it but I'm not usually a fan of contemporary romances - or books with as much steam in as I've heard Fifty has...still on the fence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel you need to get off that fence and read Fifty Shades sharpish!

      Delete
  4. Fifty Shades and Grafitti Moon two books that I need to buy and read soon.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waaah! Graffiti Moon! I really want to read that one. And I heard a lot about 50 shades series, I hope you enjoy it. :)

    Happy reading!

    Here's my IMM. ♥
    Agnieszka @ Nook of Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Everybody seems to be getting Fifty Shades of Grey lately. Hope you enjoy them. Graffiti Moon has gotten mixed reviews. Curious to see what you think.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very great book haul! I really want to read 50 Shades of Grey! I about bought it from my local book store today and didn't :( I will thought lol! I really want to read a good romance book soon! I hope you enjoy reading all of your books! Happy Reading!

    Kayla @ Bengal Reads

    If you would like to check out my IMM "Click Here"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you got some great books this week! I really want to read Graffiti Moon, so I can't wait to see what you think of it.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read fifty shades of grey, I have it but haven't read it yet. Enjoy all your new reads!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing the different covers in your mailbox Melliane:)

      Delete
  10. I read a lot of mixed reviews about 50 Shades and I never got around to reading my eARC of Graffiti Moon. I really should try to get a finished copy of that one... :)
    Enjoy your books!

    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nickey you need to read Graffiti Moon it's absolutely amazing. I just checked out your not in my mailbox, your TBR pile made me feel a bit better so thank you!

      Delete
  11. lots of great romances in your IMM this week. i admit i'm seriously thinking of picking up 50 shades--i hate to miss out. enjoy your books and happy reading :)

    check out my IMM.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved all the swag you got Michelle I'm totally jealous and yes you NEED to read Fifty Shades!

      Delete
  12. I'm reading Fifty Shades at the moment- I like it a lot :D
    I will look out for your new Fifty Shades feature.
    I have a review copy of Graffiti Moon but I still haven't gotten around to reading it yet, despite so many bloggers saying how good it is. I will read it soon though.
    Iron Duke is top of my wishlist now after you and Mel (Mel's Random Reviews)saying how good it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to read The Iron Duke Sally it is absolutely amazing I loved it to bits:)

      Delete
  13. Those are some good looking guys on those covers! :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great mailbox! Enjoy your books :)

    The Muggle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome selection of books this week!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My IMM for this week - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1934

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read Wicked Game. ;) I really really really want Grafitti Moon!!!!! Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.