Wednesday, 4 April 2012

My book boyfriend #42 Vincent from Trust In Advertising


My book boyfriend is hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader

 

My book boyfriend this week is Vincent Drake from Trust in Advertising by Victoria Michaels. He's the big bad boss of Hunter Advertising, who just happens to exude confidence and masculine swagger. Lexi was completely in love with him in High School but Vincent didn't give her a second glance. Years later Vincent has become the rising star of the advertising world and dates supermodels, whereas Lexi is just entering the workplace after having to give up college to nurse her terminally ill Dad. Lexi finds herself working as Vincent's PA, he's demanding, a bit shouty and doesn't even remember her from school. However, the very smart, talented and efficient Lexi starts to really get under his skin.





"Can I help yo-" Lexi started, but all the air rushed out from her lungs mid sentence. Her mouth went dry and fell open in absolute shock. Standing in front of her was the picture of perfection, Vincent Drake in the very handsome flesh. It may have been ten years since she had last laid eyes on him, but she would have known him anywhere. And her foggy memory simply hadn't done him justice. His face was even more handsome than she remembered. Time had not only made him look more mature and distinguished, but if possible even more attractive...

With her mouth still gaping open, Vincent silently stood before her, his arms folded across his broad chest. His pristine Hugo Boss charcoal black suit hung off his defined shoulders. He looked like he just stepped off the the runway  in Milan with that model-look about him, complete with an expression of arrogant annoyance frozen on his face.



"I'm sorry," he whispered.
"For what?"
"For everything, but most of all for not remembering you."
Lexi's breath hitched in her chest at his words. They had never talked about the fact that he didn't remember her.
"How could I not notice you?" he whispered as he gently reached out and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear, his fingers gently brushing against her cheek. 






Vincent exhaled. "That first kiss was supposed to just be a taste, a little something to answer all the confusion  I had about my feelings when I was near her. I thought if I got it out of my system, I'd be able to get her out of my head and out of my dreams. But as soon as her lips brushed against mine, I was lost. The taste of her intoxicated me like a drug. The second kiss was something I needed from her. I craved her in ways I couldn't explain and was helpless to stop it from happening. I wanted that kiss to get under her skin, to brand her as mine in some way. Ever since, I can't think of anything but Lexi."


Thanks to Tobias Cameroon for well, existing really. Don't you just love a man in a suit?

12 comments:

  1. HOOOOOOOOOOOT! Lol. I've just added this to my TBR and downloaded it to kindle. I love you Lesley, you introduce me to the most amazing men. Not book boyfriend from me, but I fully appreciate this one lol.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley! You are so good at finding the perfect matches for your MBBs! That Vincent Drake is a very sexy man indeed, and he just exudes power and arrogance, two things in a man I find so annoyingly irresistible. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this, but definitely check it out now! I love men in suits so Vincent sounds perfect! Love that last quote...*sigh*

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-book-boyfriend-32-vane.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elegant ans sexy! I think I NEED to read this book. Thank you!
    Lis @ The reader lines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Under which rock have I lived for not knowing about this book?! OMG OMG I Love it!! I do!! :) AAAAw need to read this!! :) :) AWESOME PICK! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really really need to read this book! I mean my LAWD that man is HAWT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Normally, I'd be upset with the lack of flesh in the pics, but I have to say *fans self* I like! He looks SO good in that suit. can I have HIM? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sexy! love the tux pic x

    ReplyDelete
  9. RAWR Tobias Cameroon! His smexyness overloads my ovaries ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow - I LOVE your pick! I haven't read this one yet, but I totally am now! Great pictures and quotes - Thank you for sharing him! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-book-boyfriend-4-peregrine-to-z.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy hell! Those are swoontastic excerpts and ohmigod Tobias. Can I please have one of him to go?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.