Wednesday, 18 April 2012

My book boyfriend #44 Kyle from About That Night


My book boyfriend is hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader


This weeks book boyfriend is Kyle Rhodes aka the Twitter Terrorist from About That Night by Julie James. I've had a bit of a crush on Kyle since he was mentioned in A Lot Like Love. Kyle is the charming computer geek son of a billionaire. When his model ex-girlfriend dumped him very publicly on Twitter he got drunk hacked into Twitter and brought it down. When he sobered up and realised what he'd done he hacked back into it to fix it but the FBI were waiting for him and he ended up in prison. From then on he became known as the Twitter Terrorist.

He's now out of prison helped by Rylann Pierce the Assistant US Attorney. Nine years ago they met at a college bar, he was a hot computer geek and she was a law student with a six year life plan. They shared an amazing kiss and Kyle walked Rylann home, planning to go on a date the next day. However, a tragic accident meant Kyle never made their date and they haven't seen each other since. But neither Rylann or Kyle have forgotten each other and the sparks are about to fly all over again.




His dark blond hair was thick and slightly on the long side, just brushing against the collar of his navy flannel shirt. He was tall, with piercing blue eyes and an angular jaw that was slightly scruffy, as if he hadn't shaved for a couple of days, and he had a leanly muscular body. He wore dark jeans and a well worn construction-type boots and, together with the flannel, looked ruggedly masculine and wholly, undeniably sexy.





"I saw you at the table with your friends and followed you to the bar when you walked over."
"Why?"
He shrugged matter-of-factly. "I thought you were hot"
"I didn't know then that you'd also be this ... spicy."
"You're free to rescind your initial offer of interest."
Kyle laughed. "Christ, you are a law geek. I'm not rescinding anything. I don't mind hot and spicy. Actually find that appealing in a girl." He cocked his head, thinking this over. "And chicken wings."
Rylann turned her head and stared at him. "Did you really just compare me to chicken wings?"
"You say that like it's a bad thing. Chicken wings are the bomb."  


Kyle knew he could follow their standard code of conduct and answer her with some dry quip, or joke, or sarcastic comment. But something about the ambiance and the way she looked- and, more importantly, the way she was looking at him right then- made him want to forgo the usual games. So instead, he held her gaze directly. "Because nine years ago, I walked up to the most beautiful girl in the bar, and tonight she's still the only person I want to talk to."






They passed an alley about fifty feet before the corner, and without any warning, he gripped her hand tighter and pulled her in. Rylann knew exactly what was coming, and- God, yes- she was ready for it, so she wrapped her arms around his neck just as he pushed her against the brick wall, and his mouth came down hungrily on hers.

Julie James writes the BEST contemporary romances ever. About That Night is both hot and funny you guys need to read it. You can check out my review here. Thanks to the very lovely Maxwell Zagorski for being my Twitter Terrorist today.

9 comments:

  1. Lesley! Where do you find these hotties? *le drool*

    Twitter Terrorist!! haha! That's super brilliant. I love hot geeks. I haven't read anything by James yet, but I keep hearing good things, and based on those quotes, the praise is well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read the first book in this series for awhile! I hear it is amazing! Plus Kyle is so HOT!
    "Because nine years ago, I walked up to the most beautiful girl in the bar, and tonight she's still the only person I want to talk to." awww
    My Book Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have agree with Jennifer he so sounds HOT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love geeks! I have a few Julie James's books on my TBR tower and I'm thinking I need to pull them out soon. Kyle sounds awesome and I love the Twitter Terrorist thing...so funny! Great choice!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-book-boyfriend-34-acheron.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. S.O.S Mr sexy is awesome!!!
    I love your pick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sawoooooning right now! Good lord, I must add this to my TBR list ASAP! I must admit, you totally had me at "hot geek" <3

    Joie @ Joie de Lire
    http://joie-joiedelire.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-book-boyfriend-dimitri-belikov.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMO! He's perfect for KYLE! Can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your pick! I still havent read this series yet, but now I seriously have to, based on those quotes - plus, I'll definitely be picturing those pictures as him - thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-book-boyfriend-6-joe-fontaine-to-z.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I havent read this series but he just seems incredibly hot. Geeks are always my type and the twitter terrorist? Thats hilarious! Awesome pick and very hot model ;)
    Check out my bb if you like :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.