Monday, 2 April 2012

Random Reads #1– Slide by Jill Hathaway

random reads big
I came across the best idea ever whilst blog hopping today at I’m loving books.

Basically, Random Reads is a meme where we pick a random book from our shelf to read within the month. I looked at the number of books I have on my Goodreads TBR shelf (557 books arrggghhh!) so I used Random.org to pick the book I’m going to read and linked this post back to to I’m loving books.

This is perfect for me as I have a huge TBR list that never seems to go down.
Incidentally, I learned two things whilst randomly picking out number 272
Slide by Jill Hathaway.
  1. I have a lot of duplicate books and books I’ve actually read still on my TBR shelf AND loads of books I have no intention of ever reading so I really need to clear that list out.
  2. I learned how to do a screen print! Seriously I’ve never needed to do that before so I’m well please with myself.

image

image

5 comments:

  1. Oh this one sounds so good, I hope you enjoy it!

    When I started this meme I learned the exact same thing going into it. Still this is my fifth month doing it and each month I still manage to clean out a couple that I really don't want to read any more or was a little clicky-happy with adding to my tbr list. lol It's good for that too though. :) Glad you joined in, I hope it helps you out! ;)

    ♥ Sarah @ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the tidying up! I started with 233 I think and now have about 180 or something like that- I found out I needed to tidy up my to-reads when I got a book I didn't want to read! ( :
    Have fun reading! My Random Reads #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice book. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the only thing better than picking a random read is to have someone else pick out a book for you. That is really fun, especially if they've already read it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.