Sunday, 29 April 2012

Random Reads: Slide by Jill Hathaway

9542582
Slide
Slide #1
Jill Hathaway
Publication date: 27th March 2012
My rating: 3.5 out of 5

Slide surprised me, picked randomly from my enormous to be read pile I actually enjoyed it and raced through it in record time.

Slide isn't just a pretty good whodunit murder mystery, it has the added extra of Vee's very unique kind of narcolepsy. Instead of falling asleep Vee passes out and finds herself sliding into the body of another person if she has touched a possession of theirs that they have left a strong personal imprint on. As a result, Vee see and hears things she really shouldn't have. Vee knows that her sister's cheerleader friend didn't commit suicide because she slid into the body of the killer after the act but who is going to believe her? As she sets out in true Nancy Drew fashion to solve the mystery she finds herself questioning everyone around her from a school teacher, other girls, the horrible Jock footballer and even her best friend Rollins.

I enjoyed seeing Vee start to use her crippling condition to her advantage rather than be at it's mercy even if I didn't quite by the end understood how and why her strange gift actually worked! As usual I was rubbish at working out who the culprit was so I was thoroughly entertained by the little curve ball at the end. Overall it was pretty enjoyable.

Thanks to Net galley and Harper Collins for the opportunity to read and review Slide.


Random Reads is a brilliant idea hosted by I'm Loving Books. I used Random.org to pick Slide from my enormous to be read list on Goodreads, it was one of those kind of books that I hadn't even touched yet despite requesting it from Net galley and having a borrowed a copy from a friend sitting on my shelf for ages. So, not only did I get one more book off my TBR list (one down 566 to go!) I've also manged to get my pile of Net galley books down = major result!!!

My random read for May is going to be Soulless by Gail Carriger, a book I've been meaning to read for ages that I actually got as a gift but still haven't read. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.