Wednesday, 2 May 2012

My book boyfriend #46 Charlie from Strangers by Barbara Elsborg

mbb-tur2
My book boyfriend is hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader

7261828
Strangers by Barbara Elsborg is by far one of my favourite books so far this year. It’s hot, exceptionally funny (with a real British sense of humour about it), Kate is the best heroine ever and Charlie the mega famous bad boy pop star turned actor is just to die for.

They meet in the most bonkers place ever- in the sea whilst trying (and failing) to drown themselves after both their lives take a turn for the worst. Back on dry land their relationship is scorching hot, full of drama, laughs and heart ache. I absolutely loved it to bits. You can check out my review here.

Here’s a few Charlie and Kate-isms to tempt you:



"Been through my drawers, Charlie?"
"Not the ones I'd like to go through." He gave her a lascivious grin.
"Like what you saw?"
"Even better if you were wearing them, only the removing would be fun."
"Well, maybe there is something we could do together. It involves careful finger work and some manipulation. And there is a huge amount of satisfaction when you finish. Wait there."
Kate left the room and came back carrying a box.
"A jigsaw puzzle?" He gaped at her.
"Two thousand five hundred pieces."
"Is it rude?"
Kate pretended to read the box. "Swinging in the suburbs."
His eyes opened wide.
"Not really. It's a jungle scene."





 He pressed his forehead against hers and they stood for several moments not doing anything other than holding each other while they dragged their breathing back under control. This was different. She was different.






Kate opened her eyes the next morning to find Charlie looking at her. She gave him a lazy smile.
"I love you," he said.
Kate gulped, wide awake.
"I've been waiting for you to wake up so I could tell you. I should have said it before. Properly. I. Love. You." He punctuated each word with a kiss. 




Charlie stared at her as he sang and Kate had to blink back her tears. It was a song about loss, about her and him, the mistakes he'd made and how he didn't know if he'd ever find her again. When the last echoing notes died away, Kate stood and walked to stand behind him. She slipped her arms over his shoulders and crossed them over his chest.
"I hope you find your lost dog," she whispered and Charlie shuddered. "And you were a bit out of tune in that last part. Set my teeth on edge."
For a moment, Kate thought he was crying and then realised he was laughing.
"Even though you are the meanest person I know, I still love you." He kissed her forehead.
"And even though you can't sing in tune, I love you," Kate replied.
Charlie planted a gentle kiss on her nose.
"You can sing some more if you like," Kate said. "You'll get better with practise."

Strangers is definitely one of my favourite Kindle buys EVER, you guys need to read it! I had to reign myself in and only show four quotes but I actually had tonnes highlighted.

I picked Brazilian model Lucas Bernardini to play my Charlie, it seems Lucas doesn't like wearing a shirt and holy mother of abs I like him all the more for it.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds hot! I haven't heard of this book before. I always get new book ideas from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember who told me about it in the first place but since I finished it I just can't stop going on about it. I hope you like it!!

      Delete
  2. Lesley, How do you do it? How do you always know how to tempt me? I got the book! I was only half way done with reading your post when I decided I had to have it! LOL

    Yes, those quotes made me swoon. And the pictures..... *stares* I can't wait to picture Lucas as I read about Charlie. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You will need to tell me what you think of it Missie. I think you will love it!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow - I seriously need to read this book! He sounds extremely great based on those quotes. And those pictures! Great pick! I am definitely checking this out, like now - thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-book-boyfriend-8-christopher-merrick.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that second pic DED
    Charlie sounds swoon worthy. Must. Have. Him. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.