Saturday, 19 May 2012

Review: Lucky in Love by Jill Shalvis

13057132
Lucky in Love
Lucky Harbour #4
Jill Shalvis
Publication date: 1st June 2012

Lucky in Love is actually my first visit to Lucky Harbour despite this being book number 4, but my lack of Lucky Harbour knowledge didn't make the slightest bit of difference as I ended up loving Lucky in Love and immediately added the first three books to my "must read urgently" list. I love a good contemporary romance and Jill Shalvis just seems to routinely write yummy swoon worthy heroes and heroines I would happily befriend.

Ty Garrison is recuperating in Lucky Harbour, an ex-Navy Seal medic he survived a plane crash that his colleagues perished in so it battling mental as well as physical scars. Not one for putting down roots he keeps himself to himself, rebuilding cars whilst he builds up his stamina. However, he finds himself on the radar of the Lucky Harbour ladies and their Facebook page as "Mysterious Cute Guy." Mallory Quinn is a local nurse, she's a good girl with a heart of gold and after rescuing Ty in a snow storm her chocoholic pals tell Ty he can pay her back by being her date at the charity event she has organised to raise funds for the new day clinic she wants to open.

Mallory like all good heroines is a bit fed up being a good girl and fancies a walk on the wild side with the gorgeous Mysterious Cute Guy. She knows he's probably a Mr Wrong rather than her Mr Right but their agreed one night stand develops despite Ty's insistence that he doesn't want any form of commitment and that he will be off as soon as his leg heals. I loved that their "one-time only" turned into another night and then another night, their chemistry and hot moments (and there were plenty) kept me glued to the page. I'm a sucker for a damaged hero who could be saved by the love of a good woman so I was rooting for them all the way. Lucky in Love is a fantastic contemporary romance with two really likeable characters that left me smiling.


Thanks to Netgalley and Grand Central Publishing for the opportunity to read Lucky in Love.

1 comment:

  1. ooh now i want to visit Luck Harbor..awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.