Friday, 8 June 2012

Mini review: On the Prowl by Christine Warren

lesreview
12159318

On the Prowl
The Others #13
Christine Warren
Publication date: 24th April 2012

I have to admit I wasn’t even aware of this series despite it being book number 13, I just saw the blurb on Goodreads and was intrigued by the idea of an arranged marriage to an alpha male weretiger and thought I would give it a go.

It wasn’t quite what I was expecting. I don’t think it was because I hadn’t read the other books it just seemed to me to be very tame for a story about an alpha male and I kept waiting for something else to happen to spice it up a bit. I felt myself comparing it to other shifter series that I’ve read such as Nalini Singh’s Psy-Changeling series or Rachel Vincent’s Shifters series where alpha males act like real alpha males and I think that’s what was missing from On the Prowl. Overall, it was just ok-ish.


1 comment:

  1. Oh I like the cover. Never heard of this series before. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.