Thursday, 26 July 2012

After Fifty review: The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst

13486122
The Marriage Bargain
Marriage to a Billionaire #1
Jennifer Probst
Publication date: 14th February 2012

I just finished The Marriage Bargain for the second time and I still love it. If you're on the look out for a hot escapist read with a healthy dose of humour then The Marriage Bargain would be perfect for you.

To inherit his late Uncle's shares and realise his dream of designing beautiful buildings Nick needs to find a wife and remain married for a year. With emotional family baggage Nick doesn't believe in love, doesn't want to get married or have kids and needs a wife who will see this as a business venture only. Alexa needs $150,000 to save her family home and support her parents so agrees to marry Nick for money.

Nick and Alexa's couple chemistry absolutely sizzled. Nick's sister Maggie was Alexa's best friend growing up so they had a real history which pretty much involved tormenting each other as teenagers. I loved that they both started out with a list of what they wanted in a spouse which pretty much confirmed that they were complete opposites but I just knew it was going to be fun for them finding out that they were actually perfect for each other.

Nick is completely yummy of course, he doesn't want any emotional ties and seems at first to be a cold kind of guy until he talks about his passion of creating beautiful buildings. It's not until Alexa explodes into his life that he realises that he wants her warmth, energy and passion and only then do we see the true Nick.

The Marriage Bargain had me laughing out loud on numerous occasions, I loved Alexa's attempt at trying to keep a room full of rescue dogs a secret and Nick's obvious distress at his orange afghan throw being ruined . It also made me swoon especially with lines like "It's always been you. I don't want anybody else, I don't dream about anyone else. It's only you." Major swoonage bonus points for that line. You know, I can see myself reading it a third and fourth time.


After Fifty rating: 5 out of 5
Hawt Alpha Maleness Thumbs up
Has family “issues” Thumbs up
Protective streak Thumbs up
Billionaire Thumbs up

hothothothothot

4 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! I love it when total opposites are actually perfect for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it! Can't wait for the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Review!!! I haven't read it, but I have debated whether or not to get it...I think after reading what you wrote....I want to try it out!!! Thanks So Much for sharing!! I just love your blog...its so cheerful and happy! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this book. Read it over & over. The author really does a great job focusing on the main characters beginning to end. She also gives them relatable characteristics & has you rooting for them throughout the book. Such a good story!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.