Thursday, 18 October 2012

After Fifty review: Eighty Days Yellow by Vina Jackson

eighty days yellowEighty Days Yellow
Vina Jackson
Publication date: 19th July 2012
Reviewed by Kristi

Unfortunately, Eighty Days Yellow did not do it for me. I feel the book was written very well and the scenes were described with great detail and I could honestly visualize everything the author Vina Jackson had described. The problem with me is purely my own personal taste. When I read erotic novels, I prefer there to be a more romance with the sexy times. I don't enjoy reading about people just "getting the job done" without there being a little love involved too. What can I say, I am a sucker for the romance. I really wanted more out the characters Summer and Dominik. Summer kind of bugged me. Her personality was just too annoying for me. And while Dominik is a definite alpha male type, he was lacking for me in the sexy romantic side. I really enjoy reading about some hot guy that can seduce a woman and push her to her limits. However, I really need there to be a certain softness to him as well!

I really HATE comparing books to each other. When I read books, I may like stories with similar qualities, but for me if I compare everything to a certain book that I love, I fear I may be disappointed with everything else that I read. That being said, the cover of the book compares it to our beloved Fifty Shades. I have to disagree. There was not that intense emotional pull between the characters. Finally, at the sake a sounding like a pure vanilla prude (which trust me is not the case) there were a few scenes that were simply difficult for me to digest. I suppose those are the parts to the BDSM scene that I just don't really want to know about. And while I think others could easily read and not be affected, it was just too much for me personally.
Overall, the book was quick and fast paced read. I think there are others that would really enjoy it! For me, just not my taste

after fifty
After Fifty rating: 2 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. I've been eying this up every time I go out shopping. Yet I never buy it. Not in ant rush now. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.