Thursday, 7 February 2013

After Fifty review: Exquisite by Ella Frank

exquisiteExquisite
Ella Frank
Publication date: 4th December 2012
Reviewed by Lesley

What a book! Don’t let the slightly dated cover put you off reading Exquisite by Ella Frank because what’s inside is heart breakingly amazing.

When I cry like a giant baby reading a book it’s because the author has made me 100% invested in her characters. And Ella Frank did exactly that. What I thought would be another steamy hot little romance was actually so much more. I literally broke my heart for doctor Lena and then broke my heart all over again for hero Mason.

I loved the initial cat and mouse chase between Exquisite’s two main characters Lena and Mason. The build up between the prickly as a porcupine doctor Lena and womaniser Mason was absolutely scorching hot and agonisingly good. It was Mason’s gentle understanding when Lena finally opened up and told him about the circumstances of her sister’s death that left me with tears in my eyes. And just when I thought Lena and Mason were going to get their happily ever after, Ella Frank threw in another heart breaking and gut wrenching curve ball. By then I was completely and utterly gone. I cried real tears for Mason. I really sympathised with him, his rage was completely understandable but on the other hand my heart also broke for Lena and the position she unwillingly found herself in. Both deserved their happiness but I wasn’t entirely sure they would ever get it. 

The ending was perfect and satisfying, within minutes I had added the second instalment Entice to my “I must read this immediately” list.
 goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47

after fifty
After Fifty rating: 5 out of 5

HAWT. Look out for the peach scene phew! Thumbs up
Hero who’s good in the kitchen and the bedroom Thumbs up
Hankies required to mop up floods of tears Thumbs up

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.