Thursday, 28 February 2013

After Fifty Review: Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

wallbangerWallbanger
Alice Clayton
Publication date: 27th November 2012
Reviewed by Lesley

I loved Wallbanger from start to finish, it's the perfect hot and hilarious After Fiftyish (minus the angst) contemporary romance. It was one of those books that when I finished it I was dying to talk to fellow readers about my favourite bits. I really loved all of the text messages, the friends and their hook ups, the Zucchini bread and the bonkers cat Clive  (apologies if you haven't read it then this probably won't make much sense but you really so need to go and read it to find out what I'm on about!) 

I loved Caroline to bits, the "pink nightie girl" cracked me up repeatedly with her snarky one liners and her constant pursuit of her missing "O" had me laughing throughout. Although Simon "the wallbanger" was a bit of an arse at the start with his harem of 3 women (I must say I was however quite impressed with how easily he kept his bedroom door revolving in a kind of one woman out, next woman in kind of way) I just knew that like Caroline I was going to love him eventually. Caroline's initial frustrations at being unable to sleep through the constant wallbanging, giggling and miaowing from Simon's harem next door really made me snort with laughter and as the story progressed the "giving good meatball" tongue in cheek kind of humour between Simon and Caroline really was laugh out loud funny.

With probably the best build up ever when Caroline and Simon did eventually get together I'm not afraid to admit I did shed a little tear. By then I was so in love with the characters I just wanted them to stay together forever. Wallbanger's hilarious banter and steamy romance absolutely melted my heart the "woo was whoa."

My favourite bits list
  • When the boys vs girls groups realise they are the Guns and Roses singers.
  • The burst pipe scenes *le sigh.*
  • The hot tub scene (even though it broke my heart and resulted in me shouting out loud to a book.
  • The build up in Spain *double le sigh.*
  • The confession of confessing she faked it. (you know what I mean).
  • Throwing the baking stuff.




after fifty
After Fifty rating: 5 out of 5
High steam factor Thumbs up
Hero you can’t help but love Thumbs up
Best slow build up ever Thumbs up
Snarky one liners Thumbs up

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one in book form yet but I remember loving the story and characters and having a lot of laughs. Glad to hear you loved it so much! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to get this but I will wait see if the price comes down. Refuse to pay £5.99 on an ebook.

    Fab review though it sounds amazing. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've immediately added this one to my TBR list. It's funny, I realized recently that I do the same thing with recommending "downer" books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this book to pieces, was a random find but shot its way right up to the top of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this book to pieces, was a random find but shot its way right up to the top of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.