Thursday, 14 March 2013

Mini After Fifty reviews: Red Zone and The Stranger

16135176Red Zone
Daniels Brothers #2
Sherri Hayes
Publication date: 7th February 2013
Reviewed by Lesley

I quite enjoyed the little twist that Red Zone by Sherri Hayes provided. I'm a big fan of the alpha males found in sports romances so was pleasantly surprised that in Red Zone the FBI agent heroine is the protector and the big powerful and famous quarterback needed her protection.

Rebecca's an all buttoned up type of character on leave from the FBI she finds herself roped into posing as quarterback Gage's girlfriend whilst protecting him from the crazy stalker who has been sending threatening letters and pictures to him.

Gage is charming, sexy and not actually the player that Rebecca instantly thinks he is. Gage is however, used to getting his own way and enjoys unbuttoning stuffy Rebecca against her better judgement.

Overall I like the characters and slow building romance, the mysterious stalker wasn't too difficult to figure out and the story was pretty enjoyable as a result.


after fifty
After Fifty rating: 3.5 out of 5

Sports romance Thumbs up
Alpha male-tastic Thumbs up






the strangerThe Stranger
Just One Night Part 1
Kyra Davis
Publication date: 21st January 2013
Reviewed by Lesley

It's rare that I find a book in which I didn't like any of the characters, I think that's why The Stranger didn't work for me at all I honestly just couldn't warm to any of them.

Kasie Fitzgerald who despite having a long term boyfriend decides to have a one night stand with a complete stranger in Vegas. Her stranger turns out to be the billionaire CEO of Maned Wolf Securities and guess what? when she returns home she has to work with him.

I'm not overtly keen on cheating in books I much prefer good old fashioned romance so I had little sympathy for Kasie. Yes her long term boyfriend is a bit of a dud (he wants to haggle with the jeweller when finally buying her an engagement ring) and Kasie clearly felt some form of obligation to him but I felt Kasie should have been smart enough enough to realise she needed to dump the boyfriend before moving on to the hottie billionaire CEO. I feel also it's a bad sign that I can't for the life of me remember the billionaire CEO's name, I mean when do I ever forget billionaire CEO's? their my favourite!

Anyway, The Stranger just wasn't for me and I won't be checking out Part 2 of the sequel.


after fifty
After Fifty rating: 1.5 out of 5
A bit meh Thumbs down

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.