Thursday, 13 June 2013

My favourite Rock Star books

Fans und Scheinwerfer
I’m a complete sucker for contemporary romance books that have a rock star as the hero. There’s something about talented tattooed rock stars with a bad boy edge that has me swooning big time. I love all the drama, the adoring crowds and the promise of a rock god falling hard for his unlikely heroine. So I thought I would post some of my all time favourites for your reading pleasure.
 
My all time favourites

One of my all time favourite rock star books is Samantha Towle's The Mighty Storm which was so good I bought a paper copy to keep on my real keeper shelf after devouring my kindle copy. Jake is a tattooed rock star with a bad boy reputation until his childhood BFF Tru comes to interview him. He let Tru go once but is determined to keep her in his life this time, however there's one problem, Tru already has a boyfriend...
 
Strangers by Barbara Elsborg is one of my favourite "After Midnight" books, you know that book that you just couldn't put down and stayed up way past midnight to finish? Yep, that was Strangers but it was so worth it! If you are looking for a rock star romance with a British sense of humour then you should definitely check Strangers out. I loved Charlie and even had a book boyfriend post all about him but it was the heroine Kate that really made the book for me. It's a must read.


My favourite rock star series
Olivia Cunning is the Queen of Rock Star books as far as I'm concerned, her Sinner's on Tour series was one of my first rock star reads in fact, Rock Hard the second book in the Sinners series is still one of my all time favourites.

Olivia Cunning also has another really good Rock Star series called One Night with Sole Regret.
 

New addition to my list
You can check out my review of Blind Attraction by Eden Summers here.
 
YA Rock Stars
My favourite YA-ish Rock Star books are If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman, both had me bawling my eyes out and ringing out my hankies.

I also recommend Amplified by Tara Kelly, Sean aka Clover the bassist is a bit grumpy at first but he definitely grew on me. 


 Favourite" sort of" series
Lauren Dane's Brown Siblings and spin off Delicious series have a few really amazing rock star romances. First up is Laid Bare which is Erin the bassist's story and a few books down the line is my favourite Never Enough which is Adrian's book and in Lush we get to meet Damien who has a reputation as a lady killer but was actually quite sweet.


Some other rock star series well worth a read
 Clara Bayard's Rocked series


 
 Michelle A. Valentine's Black Falcon series

S.C. Stephen's Thoughtless series

I have about four bazillion rock star reads sitting on my TBR list, I've even got a special shelf on Goodreads for them all.




 
Feel free to give me any more rock star recommendations!

5 comments:

  1. Dear God I love rock star books SWOON but you have just made my wish-list expand which is very very very naughty of you :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good night, nurse. That's a lot of rock star books! Who knew?

    Where to start, where to start . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome selections here! Some of these I have seen around goodreads and had no idea they had anything to do with rock stars. I have quite a few on my list as well. I'll have to take a look again..... so many titles....I forget and come back and recommend a few for you. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay checked a few on my list and here they are:

    The Kiss Off-Sarah Billington

    A Different Kind of Forever-Dee Ernst

    Strings Attached-Mandy Baggot

    Sophie's Turn-Nicky Wells

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret I hadn't heard of any of these so I'm adding them to my TBR list pronto!

      Delete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.