Monday, 29 July 2013

Review: Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My! by Candace Havens

18111101Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My!
Candace Havens
Publication date: 22nd July 2013
Reviewed by Lesley

Ainsley McLeon is an heiress on the run from her scheming Uncle when her truck crashes in frozen Montana. After being rescued by the local police Ainsley realises she needs to raise $2,000 to get her truck back on the road and get as far away from her Uncle as possible. Without access to her bank account Ainsley is forced into getting a waitress job in the local bar to raise the money she desperately needs.

At first glance Ainsley pegs bar owner Luc as a giant bear of a man who's more than just a little bit gruff and grumpy. As the story unfolds Ainsley soon realises that her instincts were pretty much spot on because gruff but oh so very gorgeous Luc is actually a bear shifter living in a town full of shifters.

Luc who lost his wife and son in an accident is initially unwilling to get involved with another woman, Ainsley is exactly the kind of complication he doesn't want in his life but of course his protective bear instincts soon come out when he realises Ainsley needs his help.

I did enjoy this opposite attracts shifter romance, it was impossible not to love Ainsley who is naturally charming and funny despite being an heiress. I loved that Ainsley when finding out her new employer is a bear shifter did what any normal woman does in times of crisis- stuff herself full of chocolate brownies! I did however find myself tuning out a couple of times in the second half of the book as the mystery ramped up, I think I would have happier if the story concentrated more on the main characters relationship which at times seemed a bit rushed. Overall, Lions, Tiger, and Sexy Bears Oh My! was a fun light little read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.