Saturday, 20 July 2013

Review: Spartan Frost by Jennifer Estep

17367954Spartan Frost
Mythos Academy #4.5
Publication date: 25th June 2013
Reviewed by Lesley

Although I really do love Jennifer Estep's Mythos Academy series I wasn't really too taken by Spartan Frost despite it being a much longed for Logan "freaking" Quinn POV. I can't really make up my mind if it's because it was a short novella and I just wanted more (I really do have a soft spot for the Spartan warrior) or if I just had unrealistic expectations that more would be revealed about Logan rather than just his feelings of regret for his actions in Crimson Frost. I think I kind of expected him to be a bit more of a fierce and arrogant warrior instead he was torturing himself and blaming himself for his action when we all know and understand his mind and body was being controlled by Loki. I did want to shout at him a bit in a Sargent Major "man up boy" kind of way and then I would feel quite sorry for him again. Overall it was a little bit frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.