Thursday, 8 August 2013

My favourite dragon shifter books

I love all types of paranormal romance- werewolves, vampires and especially dragon shifters so I thought I would highlight some of my favourite dragon shifter series and some new dragon shifter series that I've recently added to my TBR list. (Click the cover to take you straight to Goodreads.)
 
My favourite dragon shifter series EVER!
G.A. Aiken's Dragon Kin series is my all time favourite dragon shifter series, it's hilariously funny and full to the brim of sexy times. G.A. Aiken is the alter ego of Shelly Laurenston who also wrote the equally hilarious Pride series.

Some of my other favourite dragon shifter series

I love Thea Harrison's Elder Races series it's absolutely fantastic and I've been listening to Coreene Callahan's Dragonfury series on audio book as the narrator has the most amazingly gravely voice ever. I've read most of Deborah Cooke's Dragonfire series and have even interviewed her (click here).

Young adult dragon shifter series
Deborah Cooke also has a young adult sort of spin off series The Dragon Diaries which is fantastic and Sophie Jordon's Firelight series is one of my favourite YA series.

New series alert!

Never Deal with Dragons by Lorenda Christensen was July's book of the month here at My keeper shelf, the first instalment in the DRACIM trilogy completely blew me away and is one of my favourite books of the year so far. Susannah Scott's Luck of the Dragon is another new dragon shifter series that really impressed me, I can't wait to see what the rest of the series will bring.

I'm really looking forward to some new dragon shifter releases...

Like all good dragon shifter books it's vitally important that dragon shifter covers have some naked man chest on them preferably with a nice dragon like tattoo, swords are of course optional. These covers caught my eye, I wonder why?

Series I have on my TBR list

I have a couple of series on my dragon shifter to be read list that sound pretty good too.

If you have any other dragon shifter recommendations feel free to let me know!
 

12 comments:

  1. I need to check some of these out, even just to perve on the covers lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how much I like a good cover Mel. I'm easily tempted!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read many but I loved Thea Harrison's. J.R. Ward has one vampire that is also a dragon shifter - Rhage (in her Blackdagger Brotherhood series) and I loved his book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I completely forgot about Rhage from BDB, well remembered Karen!

      Delete
  3. Huh. Nothing says "Christmas" like a dragon-shifter.;-) Three of them (Dark Heat, Dragon Awakened, and the Highland Dragon book) have December release dates.

    Off the top of my head, the only dragon book I've read (that you haven't already listed) is a Nocturne Craving short story from Kendra Leigh Castle (Taming the Dragon). A quick read. I've enjoyed everything I've read, so far, from this author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, well I know what to ask Santa for this year!

      Delete
  4. love the topic of this post. I do enjoy a good dragon story. Yes to Aiken's series, some great wit and characters in those books. Also loved the Firelight series. I've heard great things about Flying Blind. I should take another look. Thanks for the recs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved Aikens they are so funny and Colleen's dragons are good too. Deborah were enjoyable aswell. i really liked Dragon Down Under by Angela Castle that was a good read. im going to check out some of the others they look interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll need to add Dragon Down Under to my list, thanks for the recommendation Julie:)

      Delete
  6. I have Dragon Actually on my TBR, Lesley, but so far only read Deborah Cooke and Thea Harrison. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The guy with the tattoos is Ryan. He lives in Asheville, NC. Used to be in the Army. How did you get his photos?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.