Monday, 21 October 2013

My favourite shifter romance books



I'm a huge fan of shifter romance, I have a whole bookcase full of my favourite series so I thought I would highlight some of my all time favourites and some new ones that I've got on my TBR list.


One of my all time favourite paranormal romance series is Nalini Singh's amazing Psy- Changeling series. I've read every single book at least twice and still years down the line I can pick up the first book and enjoy it all over again. I would recommend that you read the series in order though it'll make much more sense!


  
   
 
My all time favourite Urban Fantasy series has to be Ilona Andrews Kate Daniels series. Kate is a kick ass chick and like many fans I was desperate for her to get together with Curran the alpha male Beast Lord. What I love about this series is that it took ages for them to get together and when they did it was so worth the wait. There's not that many series that six books down the line can still take my breath away but Magic Rises will definitely be in my top books of 2012.  



A relative newbie series that I've come to adore is Amanda Carlson's Jessica McClain series. It's action packed, has a fantastic heroine who is coming into her powers and has a very yummy love interest in the form of Rourke and ancient and seldom seen shifter. This is a series you need to read in order but clear your calendar because when you start reading it you won't want to put it down until the end.

Another old favourite of mine was Rachel Vincent's Shifters series, there's six books in total and I'll admit I cried a little when the series came to an end in 2010. I loved seeing the main character werecat shifter Faythe Sanders mature into being the alpha of her pack. 
Some of my other favourite series 
 If you are looking for some more great shifter romance series I would recommend Patricia Briggs's Mercy Thompson series and her Alpha and Omega series, both are absolutely fantastic. Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld urban fantasy series and her Young Adult series Darkness Rising are pretty good too, although I need to catch up on both series!
 I really enjoyed Suzanne Wright's The Phoenix Pack series, if you are looking for a hot shifter kind of book then this series is just for you. I'll be counting down the days until the third instalment Carnal Secrets is released in February 2014.


 I absolutely ADORE everything that Shelly Laurenston has written her Magnus Pack paranormal series and Pride series are smexy and hilariously funny I can't recommend them enough. Shelly Laurenston also writes as G.A. Aiken who's Dragon Kin series is also one of my all time favourites.

Some other great series to check out
  
Alpha Pack by J.D. Tyler  |  Eternal Wolf Clan by Stephanie Tyler  | 
Moon Shifter by Katie Reus  |  Were Chronicles by Crissy Smith  |  Cascadia Wolves by Lauren Dane  |  Kitty Norville by Carrie Vaughn  |  Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper        

Some newish shifter books that have caught my eye

I'm always on the lookout for new series to try so if you have any other favourites that I haven't mentioned give me a shout!



6 comments:

  1. Love this post! and most of your faves are mine too but you know the rest are going on my TBR list now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shifters series and Clay & Elena's stories in Women of the Otherworld are my favorites. I really liked Kresley Cole's A Hunger Like No Other too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shifters are so much fun to read!!! I have been wanting to read J.D. Tyler and Molly Harper. Definitely a good reminder to read some books from these authors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good shifter series or shifter romance. One of my fave shifter romance writers is Dana Marie Bell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly haven't read many books involving shifters. Thinking I need to sort that out lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly I really didn't like Full Blooded. I found it to be pretty boring and I didn't like the way nothing was handled in the first book it was left very open to the point that the story was just barely starting. Plus I really didn't like that she slept with a man who was virtually her uncle.
    I do own most of the other series just haven't started them yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.