Sunday, 27 October 2013

New books and other stuff

Hey everyone nice to see you again!
Here's what arrived through my letterbox this week:
 
I got some very cool swag
Thanks to the lovely Amanda Carlson for sending me a bag, squishy coaster (I love coasters), a bookmark, tattoo and sticker.
 
Thanks also to the amazing C.J. Duggan who sent me some gorgeous Boys of Summer swag all the way from Australia, they've got pride of place on my office wall now. 

I bought a few books

I loved Divergent and Insurgent and have had Allegiant the final book in the series pre-ordered for months, I was planning on ditching all my books to read it but when I read that spoiler online I now can't face reading it. How bizarre is that?
 
I've been reading Kristen Ashley's Rock Chick series as my "me books" and I'm completely addicted, so much so that I've been ditching all my review books! I finished Rock Chick Regret the other day, it's my favourite in the series and I cried my eyes out on more than one occasion for Sadie. I immediately then bought Rock Chick Revolution which is the final book in the series and is Ally and Ren's book. I've promised myself I can read it when I've finished two of my review books in the hope it will motivate me to get them finished! 
 
I bought Outlander after seeing a picture on Pinterest, it's been out for years and I've always been meaning to read it so I thought I would give it a go and see if I like it as much as everyone else seems to.Finally, on a whim I bought Crash into Me because it's about a bad boy rock star and you know how much I love my rock star romance books!

For review
 
Vengeance Borne
Sentry of Evil #1
Amanda Bonilla
Publication date: 3rd September 2013
 
Fated to Hunt…

As the local hunter, and a ward of the Sentry, a secret organization dedicated to eradicating the forces of evil, Jacquelyn has been protecting the small town of McCall, Idaho for the past five years. The hours are horrible, the pay is nonexistent, she has to work with her jealous ex-boyfriend – and forget about quitting. She’s in for life.

Destined to See…
When a rugged drifter comes through town, Jacquelyn immediately knows what he is – an Empath who can read emotions and sense what others are thinking – even though it’s clear the handsome stranger has no idea what, or how powerful, he is…

A Town in Peril…
When people in McCall start turning up dead, viciously ripped to shreds as if by a wild animal, Jacquelyn knows better. Furies are loose in Idaho and hell-bent on exacting revenge. But against whom? And for what purpose? Jacquelyn has until the full moon to stop the Furies’ killing spree and save the people of McCall, figure out how to work with her ex – oh, and there’s a handsome stranger in town who’s in desperate need of some schooling…

Doesn't this sound amazing? When I saw Vengeance Borne on Netgalley I had to get it. Although I do love my contemporary romance my first love is always urban fantasy. 
 
That's me, pretty good or what?
 

2 comments:

  1. It's so sad how many readers were spoiled with Allegiant. I managed to read it without seeing anything.

    Love the Amanda Carlson swag too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul! the swag is awesome, I don't want to use any of mine lol I'm so glad you love the Rock Chicks they're one of my fave series and always go back to them, can't decide whether Lee, Eddie or Luke are my fave but Sadie & Hector's was by far the most emotional - hope you enjoy Revolution :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments so thanks for taking the time to leave one.